Monday, November 5, 2007

Hollywood Writers Strike.

Freakin a man. What at first made me midly annoyed is kinda pissing me off now.

Ok first things first. I believe writers should get a bigger cut of the profits from shows and movies and what not. Especially movies. but since the studio execs arent bugding, no deal was made, the studios are all freaking out. I mean, can't they find decent temporary writers that would be overjoyed to write for these popular shows?

In my earlier blog, I mentioned how NBC canceled the spin-off of Heroes, which was Heroes: Origins, a highly promising spinoff. But now that the strike is pretty much official, theres worse news!!!! Instead of the normal season run, theyre making the season finale for December!!!! Thats half a season theyre throwing away. thats potentially 4 months of shows that are thrown away.

You don't like Heroes you say? Well you better believe other shows are gonna be affected in similar ways. Were talking The Office, 30 Rock, etc. I'm hoping SNL will be spared from harm, but im not sure... Be prepared for a buttload of Reality shows next season, as you don't exactly need writers for those.

Hopefully, a deal is reached somehow during this strike, or else I will be watching significantly less amounts of T.V.

Which I guess could be a good thing for my health, bad thing for my enjoyment.

*******************UPDATE

So I did a little more searching and found out the writers are actually on strike to get a bigger cut of the profits made from DVDs, and also the potential profit the internet brings in. Hmm. interesting.

Also. looks like the office might be in trouble. sadface to the max. :(
look at this link- Closing the office?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Elohel. Rent movies from Netflix.