Wednesday, August 22, 2007

England Photoblog #1

(Blog originally dated June 04, 2007)


Harrogate, Yorkshire, England.

So I made it safely to England after a 9 hour plane ride (well, hour and a half plane ride north from San Francisco to Vancouver, Canada, then the 9 hour ride from Vancouver to London.) From the London Heathrow airport it was 4 hour drive with my dad and his friend Neil. Beautiful countryside all the way to Harrogate. I had to get used to everyone driving on the left side of the road. creepy. So anyway, my dad is at work till about 5 pm today (9 am for you guys back home) , and I spent today exploring most of Harrogate, the town I'm living in for about 2 weeks. Here are the pics!

I'm such an American....

The Hotel we're staying in is called Cedar Court, its actually part of Best Western. It was built in the 1600s:

Instead of "For Rent" they say "To Let" weird.

View of the city:

Some stone people up on a building. I feel bad for the guy with the bird on his head.

Me and Dad are gonna see if we can get a free meal here later in the week:

Theres this place called Valley Gardens across town. I walked through and took some shots.

Some ducks just chillin.

World War 1 memorial in the center of town:

This restaraunt doesn't look very appetizing.

After feeling a little homesick, I turned a corner and was instantly relieved:

An old church:

Their police cars could be mistaken for circus vehicles:

As I was walking back to the hotel, I passed a window and was a little frightened when I saw this:

Someone should really tell English people that they're driving on the wrong side of the road.

Haha. Well thats all of Harrogate for now, I'll make another blog when I go on my next adventure!

No comments: