Wednesday, August 22, 2007

England Photoblog #3

(Blog originally dated June 7, 2007)

yes, i know i may be going overboard with all these blogs. but you dont have to look if you dont like them! haha.

So yesterday my dad didn't have to go work until around 5 pm, so we spent the day in York, a town not too far away from Harrogate. We visited an ancient church, older than the Bolton Abbey from the last blog, and in way better condition. Also we went to a train museum, and explored the Marketplace. Check these pics out!

York

me atop the city wall

city gate

Its official, the Devil lives in York.

National Railway Museum

Of course I had to study ALL the trains...

York Minster (built in 1063!)

Inside the Minster

Chop!

ceiling golden lion head is watching you...

Danger. Mind your head. seriously.

Indeed

On my grave I want a statue of me posed like this.

These guys don't look too happy.

I love this, I dunno why, I just do...

I was enjoying myself. really.

Thats all of York. But wait, theres more! My dad and one of his friends at work arranged for his friends son and I to go on a little trip today. My new friend Tim is 20, from Texas, and we got along well. We like the same music, humor, etc. Yay for meeting new people. We took at train at 10 in the morning to see Knaresborough, another little town like 8 minutes away. We took a guided tour of the ruins of a castle, another old church (not quite as old as the other two), ate lunch, and just walked around before taking the train back. We got home around 3.

Knaresborough

The ruins of the old Knaresborough Castle.

View of the Nidd River that runs through town and right by the castle

Now I was surprised by this

but THIS was in the driveway. haha

Where we had lunch

Pirates? anyone?

Ok. Im going to bed. Its 40 minutes past midnight.

No comments: