Wednesday, August 22, 2007

England Photoblog #4

(Blog orginally dated June 10, 2007)

Well this weekend my dad didn't have to work the whole weekend, so we took advantage of that. Saturday we went and saw another abbey, Fountains Abbey, in the morning. After that, we went Knaresborough for the annual parade and "Bed Races." Those were very amusing. (Basically, a "bed race" is just a flat surface with wheels, one person sits on it, and theres bars for about 4 people to pull and push the cart.) Today we got up and early and did a 3 hour drive to Scotland. We went to the city of Edinburgh, mainly to see the castle. Alright enough chit chat, heres the pics. Prepare yourselves, this may be a long one.

Saturday

We got to Fountains Abbey before it opened, so we walked to a nearby deer park to pass the time. After some short walking along the path we found the deer:

The females wouldn't let us anywhere near them.

But the males let us get pretty darn close. I'm thinking they could feel the strong bond of being male. Either that or they were thinking of how to kill us.

Fountains Abbey

We found this medieval grave/coffin. I found that it was just my size!

They got mad and put in me a holding jail...ok not really.

One of my favorites.

The Great Knaresborough Bed Race (and parade)

The beginning of the parade.

Heres a couple of the "beds" that I enjoyed.

Pirate themed. How original.

Scooby Doo. Getting closer. :)

GHOSTBUSTERS! We have a winner! (Bonus for the U.S. Flag)

Toward the end of the race, every team had to cross a river. Pretty intense if you ask me.

"Beds" in action.

Sunday

Edinburgh, Scotland

Some shots around town:

This bird has no respect. NO RESPECT!

So yea, I found William Wallace. He's actually a pretty nice guy.

I found a scottish king, He was kinda like those robot guys in San Fran. I put money in his basket and He knighted me! So its now, Sir Jeremy Bowers, thank you very much.

Welcome to Edinburgh Castle. Once home to Mary, Queen of Scots.

Unfortunately, I have terrible aim.

Weapons Room

Dampsel in Distress.

Dad enjoying the castle

Thats all folks! Now I probably won't have another blog for a long time, cuz I don't really have anything planned until Friday. One of the days my dad has a different shift we might go see another little town, but other than that, We leave for France this Friday. So, the next blog might not be until I come back!!! We'll see though.

No comments: